9.19.2017

125 Batman Vol 3: I Am Bane


Tom King is a solid writer and I'm enjoying his Batman run so far, but not as much as Scott Snyder's run.  I think Tom King is a far better fit with Nightwing, but that's just my opinion.

This book feels like it's the point where everything is about to change.  The whole Bane storyline from the last volume gets wrapped up, though the ending left me cold.  It's like "Batman punched out Bane.  Batman wins.  Fade to black."  It was an abrupt finish to the story and it sat funny with me.

This run has been all about reinventing Catwoman again.  I guess the New 52 version was that awful that they decided to go in a new direction.  She's not quite where she was when the Flashpoint hit (that was my favorite era of Catwoman.  The last couple years up to Flashpoint), but it feels like that's the direction they're trying to take her in.  I'm not complaining (much), but I just want it done right, not rushed, not fucked up.  That's my wish.

I love that all the Robins get a chance to pop in and out of this book, too.  I don't know why, but that brings me joy.

Batman Vol 3: I Am Bane
Writer: Tom King
Artist: David Finch, Mitch Gerads, Clay Mann, Trevor Scott, Sandra Hope, Danny Miki, Seth Mann
DC Comics

No comments: