9.19.2017

127 Wonder Woman Vol 3: The Truth


This still remains one of my favorite of the Rebirth books.  While I hate that we are yet again reinventing Wonder Woman (that is getting so fucking old), I feel like this is the version that is going to stick.  I like that this is the proper opportunity to tie in aspects of the movie to the comic.  While they aren't going to be on the exact same page, there are a lot of similarities that people who saw the movie will recognize.

This is the Wonder Woman that the New 52 WW should have been.  I enjoyed that run, but it felt like a giant Elseworlds story to me rather than canon.  I like that it's been addressed and we're moving forward.  

I like how the whole Doctor Poison thing is worked into this book.  Logical and sensible to me.  

The art seemed a little off to me, though.  I don't know why.  I ate up the art in the first volume.  This one it seems slightly rushed or something.  I can't place my finger on it. 

All in all, one of DC's best books. (for now)

Wonder Woman Vol 3: The Truth
Writer: Greg Rucka
Artist: Liam Sharp, Renato Guedes, Bilquis Evely
DC Comics

No comments: