2.26.2017

032 Green Arrow Vol 2: Here There Be Dragons


I posted about volume 7 in this series about a month ago.  Not too long ago I noticed I was missing the second volume.  I finally have it and just read it.  Like volume 7, I really enjoyed this read.  One of the things I especially love about Mike Grell's writing is how he can go two, three, four pages with no dialog.  You don't see it often these days, so it seems unique to see it now.  And it's not just a one off thing, Grell does it often.  And it works.  It's quite refreshing.

My one pan for this volume is the issue drawn by Paris Cullins.  He's one of my favorites from back in the day.  I love his art.  But just not in this issue.  I don't know if it was a rush job or if he was paired with an inker that doesn't do his stuff justice.  It just wasn't up to what I expect of him.

I love that this volume features the return of Shado, but it's the same thing that happens in post #034, coming up shortly.

Green Arrow Vol 2: Here There Be Dragons
Writer: Mike Grell, Sharon Wright
Artist: Ed Hannigan, Dick Giordano, Frank McLaughlin, Paris Cullins, Eduardo Barreto, Randy Duburke, Arne Starr, Gary Martin
DC Comics

No comments: