1.18.2014

Comics

I'm a comic book nerd.  I've been reading them since I was 9 or 10 years old.  It's a life-long passion of mine.  None of that is news.  None of that I haven't mentioned in the past.

I used to make weekly visits to my local comic book store.  That changed a long time ago.  Probably more than ten years ago by now.  My favorite shop went out of business.  There were a few others in town to choose from, but none of them really did it for me.  So I switched the way I bought comics.  I started ordering online and had the books delivered to me twice a month.  That adjustment was rather difficult at first.  I knew I'd sometimes have to wait two or three weeks for something I knew was sitting on a rack across town.  Over time, I grew to care less about that.  I look forward to my bi-weekly shipments of crack.

My first shipment of the year got here late.  The storms all across the country screw up the delivery of comics.  I usually get a delivery every other Friday, with a few skip weeks thrown in throughout the course of the year.  Twenty-four shipments over fifty-two weeks will do that.

I'm going to try an post a running blog of what I'm reading as each shipment arrives.  Here are photos of the contents of that first shipment of 2014.


Photo number one are the single issues I got this time around.
Aquaman #26
Batwoman #26
Earth 2 #19
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #3
Forever Evil: Arkham War #4
Justice League Dark #26


Photo number two are the trade paperbacks.
All-New X-Men
Batman: The Dark Knight
Batman: The TV Stories
Deadman
Demon
Doctor Who
Green Lantern: Sector 2814
John Constantine: Hellblazer


And finally, the everthing else portion of my shipment.  I'm obsessed with the Funko Pop Vinyl toys.  This is the latest addition to my collection.  Superboy.

No comments: