8.29.2011

Do Over

I want to call Do Over on today. I really don't know what happened to me, but I spent most of the day in a fairly crumby mood. And it didn't help that I kept hearing the same Hurricane Irene stories from the same people at work over and over and over again. And I kept hearing everyone freaking out at the rising river and stream waters. And every time I heard one of those stories again, it irritated me even more. It gets exhausting sitting there, stewing and just being miserable. I wasn't planning on hitting the gym tonight, but I had to. I needed to get rid of some of these rotten feelings. It helped, but not enough. I'm hoping a solid night of sleep will take care of the rest. I'm looking forward to being in a better mood tomorrow. I'm just glad Ken isn't around tonight to (a) have to deal with my pissiness and (b) not here to press my buttons. Instead, he's dealing with his on irritation. He needs a new hose and strap for his sleep apnea machine. Every time he needs a new part, all he gets is aggravation. The doctors won't just give him replacement parts. He first needs to make an appointment with his regular doctor to get a referral to the sleep clinic people. Then he needs to go and spend the night there, hooked up to machines, just to get a replacement part. It's quite the procedure when it really doesn't have to be. To me, it seems like a giant scam for the sleep clinic to collect from the insurance companies. So he's away tonight, not sleeping at the clinic and I'm here, not feeling the joy.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day!

No comments: