10.23.2009

More Natter

Again, I don't think I have anything to say, but I feel like saying something.

I've been doing a lot of walking again. I'm not sure my body is completely ready for what I've been doing to it, but it really feels good to get my blood pumping again. Last Friday night after dinner, I went to the mall to walk around. I lapped the mall five times, which is about 3 and a half miles. Sunday morning I went out again. I was off Monday and walked before my dentist appointment and again mid-afternoon. On both Tuesday and Wednesday, I walked home from work. I was kind of sore yesterday, so I didn't walk. Tonight after dinner, I went back to the mall to walk off what I ate. Each time I went out, I walked for an hour. Tonight might have been a mistake, but I'll know better tomorrow. I alternated between really hurting (fuck you, sciatic nerve!) and really feeling good. I've been home for a few hours and I mostly feel good, so hopefully that's a good sign. I realize I'm pushing myself a little harder than I should. I just hope I don't fuck myself up. With the weather changing for the colder, it'll be harder to get out and walk much anyway.

Tomorrow I'm letting Ken drag me to a home show. I find these things boring, but I'm going to go. I don't compromise nearly as much as I should. I plan on not whining, not complaining and not putting on a sour puss.

Yesterday at work, my work wife dragged me down to the store in the building. She needed a soda and I needed to stretch my legs. While there, I noticed a new scratch off ticket. I don't buy them very often, but every now and again I feel the need to. This new one was a $5 ticket. I never buy those, but I was drawn to it. And I haven't purchased any in a long time. Well, I won. Twenty-five bucks. Yay me. Instantly my thoughts turned to what I could buy at the comic shop. It was found money after all. Today I was talking to another co-worker. She bought the same game and she also won $25. And that started the wheels turning. Not in a good way, but in a greedy way. I went down to the store to cash in my ticket and traded it in for five more of these scratch offs. I know, I know, I'm stupid for doing it. Of the five I bought, I lost on four of them. Luckily, on the one I did win on, I won my $25 back. I've learned my lesson and I'm done. I'm still contemplating what I can buy with my mad money.

I've been listening to a lot of Rolling Stones this week. I've been in the mood for them. Don't know why.

Tonight I spent a good amount of time going through my email inboxes. I've really been neglecting email lately, but it turns out something positive has come out of it. I started sorting it all and updating my mail filters (I've got a bunch of sub folders set up to automatically sort things for my convenience), unsubscribing for mailing lists I somehow ended up on and all that bullshit. Most of my personal email, though, needs to be read and addressed. But I feel good about getting a little more organized.

My work wife is flying to Disney on Sunday. Bitch.

My second Wednesday free from the computer was a success. At first I was kind of going a little crazy since I was deviating from the norm. I had made a mental list of chores I could do instead, and while I didn't really get to everything I thought of, I felt really good about being semi-productive. I cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, started cleaning the bedroom, but then got sidelined into two more episodes of Dynasty (season 3). Of course, I'm more than making up for the "lost" time tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am staying away from the computer more too now. I am kind of jealous of you rolling stones kick as I only have a few albums.

Home shows can be fun, think of the free useless swag. you could sign it and mail it as gifts to podcasters.

keep up the good work!