5.02.2009

Saturday

Another Saturday, another adventure outside the house. I've got to stop this. People will stop believing me that I'm a shut in. For real.

Today was mostly all about me. Me me me. Well, me and my love of comics. Free Comic Book Day got me out of the house and to the comic shop. I mentioned in my last post that I was going to my local shop with Sean. He and his husband swung by the house and picked me up around 11 this morning and we headed right for the store. And like every Free Comic Book Day, it was sheer and utter chaos. So many people crammed into such a relatively small space. Everybody loves free stuff, after all. Two members of the Green Lantern Corps were walking the floor and posing for pictures. I was forced to get my picture taken and I'll post it here when Sean sends me a copy. I just hope it turned out better than some of these shots. I didn't pick up too much stuff while I was at the store. I did grab a bargain priced Power Girl action figure and another comic as well as my free swag. Even though the place was overrun with people, I had a lot of fun. Sean and Jeffrey dropped me off at home before heading to Connecticut for a party (where I know for a fact they ran into adorable Kevin only because I just saw a picture on Sean's blog.)

Next up was my trip to store number 2. One of my best friends in the entire world was doing a signing at the store in Ballston Spa, which is about a half hour north of here. The name of the store escapes me, but I know it's mentioned on Todd's blog. As I was getting closer to the store, I started feeling more and more like crap. Not like I was sick or anything, but mentally. It's been about a year since Todd and I last hung out. Life has a terrible way of getting in the way of, well, life. I find that I've been so caught up in myself that I've made little to no time for others. As that realization was hitting me is when I started feeling like crap. But I walked in, Todd stopped what he was doing and came right up to me and it was just like we hadn't seen each other in a couple of days. In between doing what he was there for, we caught up and both promised to make some time to hang out. The store was a neat little shop and very, very different from Earthworld, the store I was at earlier this morning. It's much smaller but has all sorts of cool stuff. The price on back issues is great. The selection is odd, but wonderful. You'll find a little bit of everything there. I bought a handful of books out of a dollar bin. Got some old war comics, two old Flash issues and a Batman book. Plus Todd hooked me up with a Perhapanauts and an Impule trade paperback.

On the ride home I stopped at Toys R Us. I haven't been in one in years, but I decided to stop and check out the toys. There I found a Kid Flash and Big Barda action figure. I was pretty happy with my finds.

After getting home, though, I've had no time to look at my new books or anything else. Ken was starting to have a crisis about purging our belongings. It's something we need to start doing and he was so overwhelmed, he started shutting down. We started going through some stuff and managed to start tossing or setting aside to sell. He's actually yelling in from the other room for help right now.

We went out to dinner and then Ken wanted to go look at wedding rings, so we poked around the jewelry stores in the mall for a little bit. I don't know why this was a surprise to me, but we have absolutely no common ground interest in wedding rings. I was drawn to the most simple rings while he was all about unique designs and diamonds. I swear, some of the rings he liked could have been from Liberace's personal collection. For real. He kept asking my opinion on the ones he was picking out and I told him he shouldn't ask me. I don't really like anything he's picking out and ultimately, it's not about what I like, it's about what he likes. He's going to have to wear that gaudy piece of crap, not me!

I'm off now to see what Ken wants and then I'm going to watch the Doctor Who Easter Special, which I've not been able to find time to watch. Arrggh!

2 comments:

Fairy Princess Holly said...

Please tell me that one of my dearest friends isn't planning to buy a wedding ring RETAIL!?!?!? Um...hello?

Janie's Got a Blog said...

Are you Holly's ex side kick? That Walter? The one who was "run off"? Just dropped in to read your latest and saw Holly's comment.. put the two thoughts together.
I like reading what you write. :)