Wednesday, Thursday & Friday

I haven't had a chance to do much of anything the last couple of days, internet-wise. It's days like those that make me realize what an addiction I have to the internet. I get annoyed because I don't have time to waste time doing nothing online. Crazy, I know, but true.

Anyway, the saga of the toxic air didn't end with my last post about it. Things continued on Wednesday. Actually, Wednesday was a pretty good day, for the most part. I got to work and the air was fine. The rest of the hair spray managed to work it's way out of my work space and all was fine. All was fine until 3 o'clock. That's when I got a huge whiff of perfume. Not just a little spritz, but quite a bit. Un-fucking-real. This time the stuff didn't effect just me, but one of my friends who sits nearby, but not as close as I do. Her nose started running and her throat closed up a little. I was really getting hot under the collar. I didn't do anything about it right away. I wanted to first of all see if this stuff was going to send me into reaction. I'm not allergic to all scents, luckily. About 40 minutes later my right eye was blood shot, my left eye was starting to turn and I was getting slight blotches above my cheeks. That's when I marched straight over to the Director's office. He's a real stand up guy and someone I'm quite happy is in charge of everything. He genuinely cares and listens to people. I went in and vented my frustrations to him. I wish I could say that this was the first time I've done this about this particular issue, but I did it about six months ago. I felt like an ass having to go to him over something so minor in the grand scheme of things, but I really didn't know what else to do. I explained how I sent an email to the people around me reminding them that I'm allergic, blah blah blah. He asked if I could send a copy of the email to him and he would then address the issue with the supervisors of the offensive cow-orker of mine. I'm now dreading Wednesday's unit meeting because this is going to be the top agenda item. I'll be sitting in a room with the offender when this is being brought up. Everyone knows it was me who had the reaction, so everyone knows this is being brought up because of me. I'm almost feeling guilty for bringing it up and I know that's insane for me to think. I just want things to be taken care of and settle back down to normal. Honestly, the thing that I hate most about all of this is FrankenKlinger has used this as an open invitation to talk to me about it and other things. Suddenly she no longer hates me and wants to be my best friend. During the meeting she's going to have a lot of "input" which has nothing to do with anything. Joy. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I snapped at her on Thursday. I was near my desk doing some work when she came in and walked by me. She said that I looked better today and I kind of lost it on her because I was already feeling itchy from the prior day's attack and just used her as an excuse to unload. I actually felt bad after the fact, but decided apologizing to her would just open an even bigger door for her to come in and be my BFF.

Today was a toxin-free air day and it felt nice.

Thursday night I stayed a little late and work and was anxious to get home and play online for a little bit before Survivor came on. That didn't happen, though, because I walked in to find company sitting on the couch.

I keep mentioning all the overtime I've been working. However, I don't recall if I have mentioned that I felt I was about to hit a brick wall in regards to all the extra hours I've been putting in. I have been pulling my sorry ass out of bed a couple hours earlier than usual for the last few months and it's finally catching up with me. On Tuesday night I felt like crap. I was dragging and just wanted to collapse. My brain hurt just to think. I got up at my normal time and didn't go into work until 8:30. It felt great, but it felt off. I felt like I walked into work already hours behind. I had to go and look up when the last time I actually went in at 8:30 was and I was pretty shocked to find it was at the end of October. I would have guessed it was the end of December. I'm thinking about cutting back for the time being, just so I don't burn myself out too badly. I love that I have the o.t. available to me and I'm enjoying taking advanatage of it, but when that's all I'm doing....

1 comment:

Tony Z™ said...

I feel for you and the allergy thing. A few years ago I worked with a girl who had nasty reactions to Lysol. And being it was a bank and germy and all, our operations manager (and semi-hypochondriac) was forever spraying the Lysol. We'd have to warn Kim to leave, or she'd end up having to leave so she could suffer (and barely breath!) in peace. Wasn't pretty.

Hey, I gave you an award!