8.12.2008

August?

I'm off today. Doctor's appointment. Which was cancelled on me by the doctor. Didn't get the message until I got home from work last night. Now I have to call and reschedule. I should probably have gone into work today since I didn't have the appointment anymore, but I decided I needed a Walter day.

Right now it's 11 in the morning and it's only 64 degrees. That's not too far from yesterday's high temp. It peaked out at 69 degrees at 10:30 yesterday morning and then fell. We had wicked thunderstorms all afternoon yesterday. The thunder and lightning went on for just over two hours. I can't remember the last time we had a storm like that. Usually with thunder and lightning, that storm is over in a half hour or less. This just lingered. And rained. And rained. And rained. It's supposed to hit the mid-70s today, but at the rate it's going, I don't know if it's going to happen. I'm afraid I'm going to end up sick. This is August. It's supposed to be oppressively hot. This is more like late September weather.

One of the annoying things about having a random day off is my cat Ollie. He's the neediest, most co-dependent cat I've ever known. If I'm home, he needs to be my shadow. I was trying to clean and file away papers earlier and he made it impossible. Right now he's laying on me. When I get up to flip the laundry, he's going to follow me and I'll probably end up stumbling over him as he gets underfoot. He's the sweetest cat alive, but he needs to go find a place to sleep. And actually, that's when he's at his most annoying. When he is tired and needing to sleep. Because all he wants to do is sleep on me and if I'm doing stuff, he's walking around, following me in a groggy state and getting more in the way than before. But I love him and can't imagine him not being here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our cat Lucy is very clingy, especially when Travis is on the train. Every single night she -has- to sleep on top of my feet and all night long I toss her around on top of my feet. It doesn't seem to bother her, all that matters is that she's pasted onto my feet all night long. :|