3.19.2017

048 Batman: Death And The Maidens Deluxe Edition


Back to back Rucka entries.  I didn't plan it that way, I just read it that way.  LOL.  I'd never read this series before.  The only thing I knew about it was that it introduced Nyssa al Ghul.

I liked this book.  While not the biggest Klaus Janson fan out there, I thought his art worked rather well.  It was a quicker read than I expected, too.  But there was one thing that really bothered the shit out of me.  The Talia al Ghul portrayed in this book is soooooo out of character.  She's got no spine.  She's got no balls.  That is NOT Talia.  Talia would kill you for blinking wrong and not bat an eye doing it.  And the other thing that bothered me was this book felt like a six issue mini series padded out to be a nine issue mini series.  But otherwise, I liked.

Batman: Death And The Maidens Deluxe Edition
Writer: Greg Rucka
Artist: Klaus Janson
DC Comics

No comments: