3.11.2017

042 All-New All-Different Avengers Vol 3: Civil War II


I used to be a huge Avengers fan.  Then the Avengers movie hit and was very successful.  Which drove Marvel to flood the market with Avengers books.  And they weren't all good.  I've pared down the Avengers books I'm reading now.  This is one I enjoy, though not a tremendous amount has happened.  Nothing really happened at all in this book.  It's the Civil War II crossover.  I didn't read the main Civil War series (no interest at all), but I'm guessing these guys all have a sizable role in it because this collection is basically quiet little solo tales.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I think there should be a done in one issue after most six part storylines.  But this whole collection is done in ones.  An entire trade paperback length interlude can get dull.  But a well-written dull.  


All-New All-Different Avengers Vol 3: Civil War II
Writer: Mark Waid, Jeremy Whitley, G. Willow Wilson, Natasha Allegri, Zac Gorman, Faith Erin Hicks, Scott Kurtz
Artist: Adam Kubert, Mahmuo Asaar, Chip Zorasky, Natasha Allegri, Jay Fosgitt, Faith Erin Hicks, Scott Kurtz
Marvel Comics

No comments: