Today didn't really pan out the way I had hoped it would.  My big plans for today were to get up early (fail), go to the gym (success), go grocery shopping (success) and then spend the rest of the day lounging out back in the sun (fail.)  Instead, I slept in later than I had planned, but I'm not complaining about that.  I never let myself get enough sleep, so this was okay.  Sleeping in meant I got a later start for the gym, which I desperately needed today.  I spent the day at my friends' house at their pool party and I over indulged (like I always do.)  I got home, showered and headed out to the supermarket.  When I got home, I decided that rather than put things off like I'm apt to do, I should go take care of something.  Yesterday, at the aforementioned pool party, I noticed my wedding ring was feeling really tight.  My finger started swelling up a little.  I pulled the ring off thinking that might help, but it didn't.  The finger continued to blow up.  When I got home last night, I took a Benadryl, thinking maybe I got a bug bite.  This morning the finger was no better.  After shopping, I decided to take a quick trip over to the Urgent Care to have it looked at.  That was mistake number one.  I walked in, said I'd like to see a doctor about my finger.  The wench at the reception desk asked what I did to it.  I told her I didn't know.  It's all swollen and I'd like to see a doctor to see what's going on.  She then spent the next five minutes discouraging me from seeing a doctor.  She did everything but say "leave."  She said if I broke my finger, I'm going to need an x-ray and they don't do those there.  She said I should go up to the Latham Urgent Care because they do x-rays.  I was really fucking annoyed, to say the least, that this woman gave me the runaround like that.  I turned around and walked out and headed up to the other location.  Long story short, he couldn't tell if it was an infection causing my issue or an allergic reaction.  He wrote me a prescription for something to fight both and sent me on my way. 

While I was at the Urgent Care, I got a text from Ken asking where my car was.  He had been at work and I texted him that I was going there.  On his way home, he stopped but didn't see my car.  That's when I told him I'd basically been turned away.  He lost his mind and went in and went off on them.  Both the receptionist and the nurse (who I hadn't seen) came up with some cock & ball story about why I wasn't treated.  Whatever.

By the time I got home from seeing the doctor and then the drug store, it was dinner time.  I started making dinner and Ken jumped in to take over from me.  While he was cooking, he saw what he thought was a bee and being allergic to them and slightly irrational about them, he grabbed the vacuum (don't ask) and was going to suck it up.  Instead, he accidentally kicked the vacuum and broke his toe.  He's now all black and blue and puffed up and hurting a lot.  He's good to break a toe every six months or so.

After dinner, I've been working on chores.  I want a do-over for today.  Luckily Wednesday is a holiday and I get my chance then.

No comments: