I'm pretty convinced I'm not allowed to sleep.  Ever.  This week has been kind of crazy for sleep.  The other night, Ken's nephew woke me up about a half an hour after I fell asleep for the night.  While that kind of sucked, what sucked more was the fact that thirty minutes is about all you need to keep you up the rest of the night.  Tuesday was hard because I was working on two plus hours of sleep.

I had Friday off for the second round of my root canal work.  I was very excited because I would be able to sleep in a couple extra hours, always a good thing.  Until Ken woke me up to ask me what time I needed to wake up.  At 6:15.  Forty-five lousy minutes after I normally get up.  And that was it.  I was awake.

After the dentist, I ran errands, came home, read for a bit, headed out to the gym, came home and sat in the back yard.  When I do this, I tend to fall asleep.  And EVERY SINGLE TIME I've done that this summer, Peter, the nephew, wakes me up.  And Friday was no different.  I must have been asleep fifteen minutes before he comes out and wakes me up.  Seriously.  I'm not allowed to sleep.

This morning I planned on staying unconscious until noon.  I've been dragging.  Dragging.  No one lets me sleep.  At 6 o'clock, Ollie decided he was hungry and started licking my face.  Awake again.  I can't catch a break.  So I got up and started my day.  I hit the gym again, I came home and showered.  Ken suggested getting breakfast, so we did that.  Ran a couple errands.  Then I decided I needed to go grocery shopping.  Half way to the supermarket, this huge wave of exhaustion hit me.  HUGE.  I don't know the reasoning behind half the stuff I bought today other than I just was wandering around the market like a zombie.  I got home and put the groceries away, called Ollie and ran up and took the first decent nap I've had in probably six months.  I think I might still be asleep now except in the position I was sleeping, my hands kept falling asleep and that would wake me up.  But I was too tired to change positions.  Plus, Ollie was sound asleep on top of me and that made me happy.

No comments: