3.31.2011

1,200 Miles Update


Today ends the third month of the year and this is my monthly update of my progress.  Being as neurotic as I am, I'm both thrilled beyond belief and disappointed in myself for where I'm at so far.  I'm ending March with 590.34 miles.  That in itself is outstanding.  That's nearly my grand total for last year if I'm remembering it correctly.  I'm really proud of myself for that.  I've been really sticking with my fitness routine.  But I'm disappointed for a ridiculous reason.  I'm disappointed that I missed hitting 600 miles by just one workout.  It's not my fault, but still.  The second week of March I was sick sick sick.  And I shouldn't have gone to the gym at all that week, but I pushed myself to go and paid the price for it.  I tried to make up for the missed week and did make some progress, but not quite enough to hit the half way point.


To put it all in perspective, to see exactly what 590 miles looks like on a map, I took this screen shot.  The starting point is where I live and the ending point is over the North Carolina border.  I'm just shy of half way to Walt Disney World already, which is the visualized goal I've set for myself.


I was thinking about it at the gym tonight.  By this time last year, I think I'd maybe put in about 60 miles.  Winter is too cold to walk outside and my only exercise came on Sunday mornings when I'd go to the mall before opening and walk for a hour to an hour and a half.  Having the gym has definitely changed how I'm handling exercise this year.  And it's definitely showing on the scale.  

My big worry is vacation, which started at 3:45 this afternoon.  I need to be a good boy.  I need to be a good boy.  I NEED to be a good boy.

1 comment:

Nik_TheGreek said...

Congratulations on that...
Have fun during your vacations.