3.28.2011

My Mundane World

 You know, people often come up to me on the street or email me asking the same question over and over again.  They say, "Walt, you were once an internet superstar.  Do you live the same kind of life that we ordinary folks live?"  Well, I'm getting tired of answering that question over and over again.  So I decided to document a day in the life of me.  It's a rather exciting life, as you will soon discover.  The day I chose was yesterday, Sunday.


The alarm went off really fucking early.  Yeah, I set the alarm on most Sundays to get my ass up and get to the gym to get it over with.  I really needed to go because Saturday night I mowed down hard on a brownie sundae from the ice cream place around the corner from the house.  They recently opened for the season and I needed my fix.


Before I could do anything, though, the cats demanded to be fed.  They get two different kinds of food.  Ollie's bowl is on the left and it's regular cat food from the supermarket.  Lucy gets prescription cat food because she can't digest normal foods like a regular cat can.


Next stop, the gym.  I kept my sweatshirt on for the first fifteen or twenty minutes because it was actually cold in there.  The sweatshirt came off, though, once I started getting too warm.


I busted my ass this week.  Here it shows I have about a minute and a half left on the elliptical and I'd already done 12.10 miles.  My total workout was 95 minutes, a new record for me.


And I was soaked by the time I was done.


When I got home, the paper was waiting for me.


But so was the shower.  I smelled bad.


I got on the scale for my weekly weigh in.  I do record my weight every morning, but I have Sunday as my official weigh in day for the week.  I was thrilled with this week's weigh in.


Ollie helped me tie my shoes.


Then it was time to catch up on my Words With Friends games.  Here I'm playing against Nicole.


After my games were caught up, it was time to go downstairs and throw a load of laundry in.


And then I made a bag of popcorn to nibble on on my way to the supermarket.


Needed gas, so that was my first stop.


Pudding, Reese's Pieces, cereal.... yup.


This was my treat for the drive home.  It occurred to me while shopping that I only had popcorn to eat so far. After that gym workout, I was really hungry.  Naturally I did anything but grab something healthy.


On the way home I made a pit stop to look for toys.


When I got home, this was priority number one.  I swear I don't eat as shitty as this all the time.  I'd be back to 300 lbs if that was true.


While the brownies baked, I went to the basement to play on the computer for a little bit.  The cats got fed some treats because I can't be the only one to eat poorly.


After the brownies came out of the oven, this chicken went in.  For lunch every day, I make a big salad with chicken in it.  This week whole chickens were half the price of a package of chicken breast, so that's what I bought.  I'll chop this up and make it last all week.


Then it was time to put away the laundry.  Do you like my Green Lantern undies?


At work I have Cheerios as a snack when I get there and again at 10 o'clock break.  I mix regular and Chocolate Cheerios, bag them up and bring them in to work.


After the bagging of the cereal, I laid down with Ollie and finished this trade.


And then, just like Ollie, I feel fast asleep.


I woke up in time to feed them dinner.


While Ken cooked dinner, I had a couple of chores I wanted to take care of in my office.  My side table started piling up and it was driving me crazy.


My desk, too.


And my Supergirl poster slipped in the frame and fell below the edge of the mat.


Dinner was ready by the time I was done.  Salad, polenta, pork chop "fish sticks" and applesauce. 


For dessert, I piled pudding and ice cream on top of a brownie and slathered whipped cream on top.  Because I only want to eat like an 8 year old left on his own.


Ken cooked, so I loaded the dishwasher.  It's only fair.  Unless I cook, then I get to load the dishwasher.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.


I made my lunch for today and tomorrow.  Chicken, broccoli, red peppers, cucumbers, summer squash, peas, corn, garbanzos, kidney beans, strawberries, mushrooms, carrots, radishes... 


Watched the Amazing Race..


And got into my jammies.  I was going to read, but I got distracted by Words With Friends and Angry Birds.

2 comments:

wcs said...

Oh my, what a deviant homosexual lifestyle you lead! You are really advancing the gay agenda there. ;)

Still, it's a tad bit more exciting than my day...

Nik_TheGreek said...

nice pictures...
thanks for sharing