* I found out this weekend that the people who bought my old house just broke up. For just a second, when finding out, I felt slightly responsible. That damn house.
* I've decided to start doing sit ups again. I'm on day two.
* This picture of myself as a child, as much as I love it, has caused me a lot of anguish since finding it. I look at the little kid in the picture and I see such innocence, such happiness, such joy and I wonder at what point did he become me. I wish I had the ability to send myself a message back in time telling him to hold onto it as long as possible and that everything is going to be be fine. Great even. Just the thought of losing all those years of heartache and turmoil.... I can't imagine how I would have turned out.
While on the subject of the picture, I asked my mother about the cat in the picture. I don't remember having a cat when I was a small child, so I didn't know if it was our cat or if we were at a friend's house in the picture. The cat was ours, but my mother has no recollection of it's name.
* I have my dvr almost completely cleaned out. I'm down to four recorded shows yet to be watched. It's taken me a long time to catch up on tv from my Texas vacation. The biggest hurdle was getting through the last few weeks of As The World Turns. This weekend I watched the final two weeks of the show. I mostly enjoyed it. It was great to see the character of Dr. John Dixon return. Watching John and Lucinda interact was such a treat for me. Now that I'm mostly caught up on tv, I can use the time I was using for that and put it into something else I need to do. Tonight, for instance, I worked on cleaning up my office. I'm great at letting things pile up on my desk and my table, but horrible at putting them away. I'm almost there.
* Last weekend I worked on a little art project. This weekend I worked on hanging said art. I made these collages and I'm quite happy with how they came out. I need a couple more frames because I want to make some more for my comics room.
* My ongoing quest to listen to every song in my iTunes library for the second time is starting to wind down. I'm down to 5655 songs in that playlist.
* It can be a real pain in the ass to get in touch with me lately. I think I'm the worst I've ever been at returning phone calls, emails, snail mail and the like. I really don't know why some people continue to put up with me. I'll be honest and tell you that some days I really don't know how I have the amazing group of friends that I do have. I've always managed to surround myself with some pretty incredible people, but it seems like at this point in time, I've got the greatest group of friends, whether online friends, real life friends, online friends who have become real life friends or whatever, that I've ever had in my entire life. At first I thought that's just what comes with being this age (forty-four for those that don't know), but I see some of my friends who are in the opposite position that I am. It really makes me realize that I'm one of the luckiest people I know. I have a job that I (mostly) love. I have the greatest friends, though they deserve way better than me. I have an amazing home. (This part is true. Most mornings when I descend the staircase, I feel like Krystle Carrington walking down the grand staircase on Dynasty. Shut up Freddy.) I have the greatest husband anyone could ask for, even though we both drive each other batshit crazy half the time. (And by "half", I really mean most of the time!) I really do have a pretty sweet life. I need to remember that more often.
* I know too many alcoholics. Can we have just one social event where alcohol isn't involved?