9.11.2010

My Saturday

For reasons I'd rather not go into at the moment, it's been a rather craptastic week.  I've had a lot on my mind and not a lot of it pleasant.  So to say I needed a distraction would be an understatement.  But I got one today and it was fan-fucking-tastic.  Ken and I got in the car today, took a drive down to Hyde Park to eat and meet with friends Kevin and Brian from Danbury, CT.  They make frequent trips to the Poughkeepsie area to do some shopping and Poughkeepsie is about a 90 minute drive from here.  The idea of meeting up for lunch has come up a few times before but never realized... until today.  It's mostly been my fault it hasn't happened before.  I'm like that, as if it's a surprise to anyone.  This is only the second time I've been in the presence of the Danburys.  The first time was two years ago in NYC.  I had a good time with them then, but there were too many people around to be able to spend any quality time.  Today was the complete opposite.  I had such a good time today and look forward to many more visits.

I was going to post a couple of pictures, but my computer is being a total twat right now and it just took me 20 minutes to try to load the first one.  I think I'm going to walk away before this otherwise glorious day becomes soiled. I will post them tomorrow.

No comments: