6.13.2010

Sunday

Well, another appointment has come and gone and we're still waiting to have our driveway sealed.  It looked like this weekend was going to be beautiful, but that didn't come to pass and instead we got rain.  And when it rains, they can't seal the driveway.  Appointment #4 is now scheduled for Wednesday.  With any luck we'll have some nice weather, but at this point, I am not going to hold my breath.  We'll see.

I did manage to get in two decent walks this weekend.  Saturday morning I went out and walked about 6 1/4 miles.  About five minutes from the end of my walk it started raining.  I couldn't have time it better.  This morning I almost didn't go out.  It was overcast, it was clear that it poured last night and it was chilly.  But I had to go grocery shopping anyway, so I got up and left the house.  I grocery shop near my old walking course pre-move, so I headed there first and decided to give it a go.  It was drizzling and didn't get heavier than that the whole time I was out.  I walk 7.11 miles this morning.  I can't remember the last time I did that much in a single walk.  I really needed to walk off a little of last night's damage.  We went over to a neighbor's for dinner.  While the dinner was 98% good for me, I managed to overdo it on the 2%.  I ate more crackers last night than I think I have all year.  But I love crackers.

Yesterday I bought the supplies I need to build some shelves for my office.  I have a space 11'2" that I want to put a shelf up for action figures.  I've been putting it off for no good reason, but no more.  The wood is in the garage right now drying.  I stained the shelves black.  I think they'll probably need one more coat before they go up.  I also wanted to get some wood for smaller shelves in another part of my office, but I held off.  Today at Target I found premade ones and I'm very happy with them.  Now I have to put them up.  Baby steps....

So we're at the end of another weekend.  I'm bummed out.  It really went too quickly.  I have so much more I want/need to get done, but those things will have to wait.  

1 comment:

(F)redddy said...

I'm so proud of your crazy mad walking.

I'm stunned by this whole driveway sealing fiasco. I have to be honest, I've never heard of sealing a driveway before. What's that all about anyway? I hope you get it done soon. Since I know nothing about it, I worry that your driveway will be damaged with all the rain.

Thanks for ignoring my email this weekend. I can always count on you to make me feel shitty about myself.