6.06.2010

Rainy

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon and I don't know what to do with myself.  I know what I want to do, and that's go outside and take a walk or enjoy the sunshine and nice temps, but none of that is possible because it's pouring and it's a chilly 65 degrees out.

Over the last week, I've kicked my walking into overdrive.  I've been out at least once a day, every day. And because I'm neurotic, I've been recording each walk with the iMapMyRide app on my phone.  Between last Sunday morning and yesterday morning, I managed to log in 43.48 miles.  I'm sure I've been overdoing it.  I should be taking a day off here and there, but the weather has been so favorable and I've been snacking just a little more than I should that I've really pushed myself.  It's probably a good thing that the weather sucks ass today, forcing me to take a break.

But I could really use a walk right about now.  Yesterday was my friend Carol's birthday party and because I know no self control when confronted with a table full of food, I overate.  And not a single thing I ate contained anything nutritionally good for me. But that's what made it taste so good.

The fun thing about Carol's birthday party was seeing people I haven't seen in a long time.  I didn't realize there were still people I hadn't seen since I dropped 100+ pounds, but I found a few more.  Two people didn't recognize me at all.  One I had to tell who I was and then I saw it click in his head.  I have to tell you that as rare as it is now, I never get tired of that happening.

No comments: