3.19.2010

Exhaustion

This week has been one of the most exhausting weeks in recent history.  My ass has been dragging since I got up Sunday morning and it hasn't stopped yet.  Springing ahead was deadly this year and it's really no one's fault but my own.  You see, last weekend, Ken's bff and his partner came up to visit.  As will happen when you have visitors, I over ate.  I indulged in snacks and foods I could have avoided, but didn't.  Because of this, I knew I needed to get out and do some walking on Sunday like I normally do.  I was up too late Saturday night and still got up at 5:45am to walk.  And it was all downhill from there.

Also, we spent the week dealing with more house stuff.  The main issue was the estimate for things the inspector found and that the buyers wanted fixed.  It was a lot more draining emotionally than I thought it would be.  I'm sure a lot has to do with the lack of quality sleep I've had.  I find that when I'm already spent, things hit me much harder than they should.  To make a long story short, we negotiated back and forth with the repairs and came to what I believe was a mutually agreed upon solution.  I feel great that we've passed another hurdle on our way to being in a new home.

Next step, house hunting.  Tomorrow we have a very full day with our Realtor looking at houses.  I think we've got something like 22 or 23 on the list to see.  And there's talk about going back out on Sunday morning to see more.  I'm just hoping I can squeeze a nap in sometime on Sunday afternoon.

No comments: