6.10.2009

It Goes On...

I'm talking about the headache. It's still present, though today is the best I've been feeling in a week. I can still feel it, but so much less so than I have been. I slept in a little later today and I don't know if that helped or not, but I'm going to try the same thing again for tomorrow and see how that goes. If I'm not feeling any better tomorrow, I know I have to act like a grown up and call the doctor. I hate going to the doctor, especially because I'm convinced he'll tell me to take some aspirin and deal with it. I hate that I've seen the doctor more in the last two years than I have in my entire adult life. I know it comes with getting older, but I feel like it's becoming overkill. Everything on my body cannot fail all at the same time, can it? I really need to start taking a little bit better care of myself. For instance, today was the last day of our current bi-weekly pay period. In the last two weeks, not only did I manage to take a day off, but I also cranked out 21 hours of overtime. I keep telling myself I'm going to pull back because it's starting to get to me. I think this is the time I actually do something about it.

My birthday was about a month ago, but I finally got around to treating myself to some presents. I wanted to get myself a little something, but kept putting it off. Until now. I picked up a bunch of new trade paperbacks to read. I know I'm behind on my reading and I have a full shelf of things yet to read, but I wanted to get some more because that's how I am. I'm including the books I bought with the gift certificate the fabulous Sean got me. And this doesn't count the books I received from others for my birthday. These should keep me busy for some time.


I do own this series in the original floppy format, but as much as I've been itching to re-read it, I know I'm not going to dig it out to do so. I love the trade paperback format. It's a format I will pull off of the bookshelf and read over and over again.


I'm currently reading and loving Ed Brubaker's Captain America. He's also written (or still writing?) Daredevil, so because I freaking love what he's doing with Cap, I want to do this book, too. But I feel I should find a good jumping on point and the beginning of the current series is a good place. Kevin Smith did the first arc, Bendis followed him I believe and then Brubaker. I'm willing to give it a try.


A book I've been wanting to read for a long time. I've just never managed to pick it up.


As I said before, I've been loving what Ed Brubaker is doing with this book. I've never been a huge Captain America fan, but if the book was always like this, it would be my favorite series. Not this past weekend, but the weekend prior, I read the last five trades in this series. This is the most recent and I'll be all caught up for now. It's just that good.


This looks like pure joy between two covers.


I keep hearing so much good about this book that I had to pick it up. I'm anxious to see what it's all about.


See my comments on Kingdom Come above.

What else should I be reading?

No comments: