6.18.2009

Another Random Post

The past week for me has been a blur. It's been a little busier than usual and I think that's why it's a great big giant blur. Since my hospital visit, I've had two more doctor related appointments. The first was a follow up with my primary doctor. I was afraid I was going to walk in and be told I'm fine, take a Tylenol and go home. But I keep forgetting I like my doctor and I think he's a decent doctor at that. He gave me the once over and said that most likely I'm suffering from a concussion. Although I had a CT scan at the hospital, he wanted to send me for an MRI to rule out anything else it could be that the CT scan wouldn't pick up. That in itself made me feel bad for my pessimistic attitude about going to the doctor in the first place. Even if the MRI shows up clean, I'll feel better about it because the doctor actually did something about my issues.

I've tried cutting back on the overtime I've been working. It's been hard, to tell you the truth. Sure, it's worn me out, but I'm in that frame of mind that I have to be there between certain hours that it feels weird when I come in later or leave earlier than I have been. I'm still pushing it a little harder than I should, but I am doing better. Unfortunately, I came up with an idea this week and I need some extra money to do it. I need to sit down with my finances and see what I can swing, if I can swing it.

Last weekend we spent both days house hunting again. This time we revisited a neighborhood we've been looking at. Ken invited a co-worker of his along for some input, which turned into a whole afternoon of just hanging out. It was fun, sure, but when I'm spending both days of my weekend looking at houses, I cherish the little bit of time I have left to do things that I either want to do (read, listen to music, play online...) or need to do (clean this fucking pig sty of a house.) I already told him I'm not looking at houses this weekend. Instead, I promised I'd sit with him for a little bit to help him go through some of his crap. We're trying to purge stuff. We have so much fucking shit around here. I don't know how it happened, but it's overwhelming. We go see friends and their houses are always spotless. They have no clutter. It seems like all we have is clutter. We're trying to do something about it, but it's a slow process. It's easier for me to tell him what stuff of his we don't need anymore (and vice versa), so I'm going to help.

I'm feeling huge right now. Bloated. I usually have a salad for lunch, but today I didn't pack one. Instead Ken and I went out to lunch at Wolff's Biergarten. I hadn't been there before. It's an interesting place, to say the least. I ordered the Currywurst and fries. The meal wasn't that big, but it feels like I ate my weight in wurst. It's hours later and I'm still stuffed. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to have a bad weigh in tomorrow. All it seems to take is one mis-step, mealwise, for me to see a number that makes me scratch my head in disbelief. Last week, I had a turkey club and sweet potato fries for Friday night dinner. It was the only mis-step I took and I jumped five pounds. It took most of this week to lose the extra pounds. I just don't get how my body works, still, after three years of this dieting bullshit.

Can someone tell me what's going on with our weather? It's the second half of June, nearly July, and it's in the fucking 60s. We're firmly entrenched in April's weather and I don't know why. There is no reason for me to be wearing pants this time of year. I should be in shorts every day, all day. Today I'm in long pants and a long sleeved shirt. And I wore a sweatshirt, too.

1 comment:

(F)redddy said...

Wait? CONCUSSION? When I donkey punched you, you told me it didn't hurt that bad. NOW YOU MAY HAVE A CONCUSSION? WILL.NEVER.DONKEY.PUNCH.YOU.AGAIN!

If you want to feel better about your house, come visit ours.

I love you honey bunches of donkey punched ohhhhh's.