1.15.2018

2018.012 The Shadow: The Death of Margo Lane


Give me the Shadow written or drawn by anyone.  I'll eat that up.  Give me Matt Wagner, writing or drawing anything.  I'll eat that up.  Give me The Shadow: The Death of Margo Lane and I'll eat it up and realize I was slightly let down by it.  I was trying to figure out what about it bothered me.  What let me down.  I think it's calling the book The Death Of Margo Lane.  Sure, she dies in the book in the second chapter (or does she?), but it felt like that was just a thing that happened rather than what the story itself was about.  It also felt lopsided.  Like the best parts of a larger story were cut out and presented to us as the whole story.  I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I would have liked to have seen this story fleshed out over a larger run than the five parts it was presented in.  I think the lopsidedness of it would have disappeared.

The Shadow: The Death of Margo Lane
Written by: Matt Wagner
Illustrated by: Matt Wagner
Dynamite Comics

No comments: