1.15.2018

2018 Here We Go

I will confess that I actually enjoyed logging and mini-reviewing everything I read last year.  Sure, sometimes it felt like a chore when I would let the books build up before finding time to log them here, but overall, it was a lot of fun.  I learned that I read way more than I thought I did.  I read 184 books last year.  If you asked me last January what my total would be, I may have guessed it would be 80.  Let's see how far I can get this year.

One of the things that made me happiest about this little experiment is that it's influenced others to track what they're reading this year.  My ex-sister-in-law posted on Facebook that I have inspired her to both track what she's reading this year, but to also read more.  I find that awesome.  Also, my friend George introduced me to some of his comic nerd friends and invited me to a little chat group with them.  I told them about this blog and what I actually read last year, which inspired George to create a spreadsheet for us to log what we're reading this year.  It's eye opening when you realize exactly what you've read over the course of a year.

I doubt I will update this more often this year than I did last year, but I will still post about all the stuff I read.  Feel free to comment on any of the posts.  Tell me if you read what I did and if you liked it or not.


No comments: