1.15.2018

2018.009 Batman - Detective Comics Vol 4: Deus Ex Machina


I like that James Tynion is rotating the focus of his arcs on this book to different members of the Batman Family.  Last time it was Cassandra Cain, this time it's Azrael.  I've never liked Azrael in the past, and this book does nothing to make me like him much more, but it was still an enjoyable read.  I

The biggest part of this book for me was seeing Zatanna again, back to her regular self.  It looks like the Justice League Dark nonsense was stripped away from her and she's the Zatanna we used to know again.  This book gives us a look at the secret history of Zatanna and Bruce Wayne.  They've known each other since they were teens when Bruce was studying and learning the things he needed to know to be Batman.  It's kind of cool seeing this connection they have from way back.

Detective continues to be a top notch Batman book and I look forward to more.

Batman - Detective Comics Vol 4: Deus Ex Machina
Written by: James Tynion IV, Christopher Sebela
Illustrated by: Alvaro Martinex, Carmen Carnero, Raul Fernandez, Karl Story, Richard Friend
DC Comics

No comments: