1.15.2018

2018:007 Green Arrow Vol 4: The Rise Of Star City


I mentioned a few posts back in my 2018 post that I've been introduced to some new comic nerds that I've been chatting with a lot lately.  Most of them agree that they're dropping this title.  I can't wrap my head around that.  This is one of DC's top Rebirth successes in my opinion.  This book is so fucking good.  I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  The New 52 was a shit show.  I don't know what DC was thinking, but none of it was good.  They learned with Rebirth.  If they wanted to reinvent the entire DCU, this is how they should have done it.  This book is the (near) perfect meld of the old DCU Green Arrow, the New 52 Green Arrow and the tv Green Arrow.  All the best parts mixed together to give a contemporary look at the character.  Ben Percy is my hero for what he's doing with this book.  Best part of this for me is seeing how Roy Harper's history fits into the GA mythos in this new DC Universe.  And it does fit in again.  Team Arrow For Life!!

Green Arrow Vol 4: The Rise Of Star City
Written by: Benjamin Percy
Illustrated by: Juan Ferreyra, Eleonora Carlini, Mirka Andolfo, Otto Schmidt
DC Comics

No comments: