5.29.2017

080 Red Hood And The Outlaws Vol 1: Dark Trinity

I'd like to start this post by publicly stating that I think all the work Scott Lobdell has done for DC since the New 52 started has been shit.  Awful.  Terrible.  But DC seems to love him.  He's constantly working.  I'd also like to state for the record that I had no intention of reading this book.  Mostly for the above stated reason.  But I was told to actually give this one a chance.  So I did.  I went in open minded.  And I will admit, I really liked this book.  I have tried reading Red Hood in the past and it was garbage, so I don't know if the bar was set really low or if this was actually really good.

The story starts with Red Hood out on his own.  He's about to try to infiltrate the Black Mask's criminal empire in an attempt to bring him down.  Along the way, his path crosses with Artemis (possibly her first post New 52 appearance?) as they are both hunting down things that bring them together.  And then the two of them come across Bizarro.  It all feels fairly organic in nature and makes sense.  They bring the Black Mask down and decide to stick together for the time being.  They make an oddball team, but it seems to work for them.

Red Hood And The Outlaws Vol 1: Dark Trinity
Writer: Scott Lobdell
Artist: Dexter Soy
DC Comics

No comments: