5.13.2017

070 Black Widow Vol 2: No More Secrets


This book is beautifully drawn and well written.  It picks up after the first volume ends and barrels through to a satisfying conclusion.  It kills me that still, after as many years as he's been writing comics, Mark Waid can still produce.  And it's not just one book a month he writes.  It always seems like he's got a dozen titles going at the same time.

As I've said before, I don't pay attention to a lot that goes on in the Marvel Universe.  They've actively pushed me away from their books over the last few years.  So imagine my surprise to see what they've turned Nick Fury into.  I don't know how, I don't know why.  I don't know what the fuck he's supposed to be, but there his is.  Can anyone explain?  I don't care enough to actively seek out what they've done to him.

I think the series was cancelled after this volume.  Because that's what Marvel does.  Which drives me bonkers.  I like old school numbering.  I hate this launch a series, run it for 12 issues, cancel it, repeat.  But that's just me.

I need to search out whatever Chris Sammee is drawing next because his work here is stellar.

Black Widow Vol 2: No More Secrets
Writer: Mark Waid, Chris Sammee
Artist: Chris Sammee
Marvel Comics

No comments: