5.13.2017

068 Blue Beetle Vol 1: The More Things Change


I have to admit that I don't know too much about this version of the Blue Beetle.  I do know that DC likes him a lot.  They keep giving him chances, but his series don't seem to last.  This is at least his third series, if my memory is correct.

Since I haven't been a BB reader, I don't know how Rebirth has affected him and his history.  I do know that Ted Kord is a part of the supporting cast, so that's new, at least since the New 52.

This was a decent enough read, but I was kind of lost.  I just don't know who any of these people are.  I do like the dynamic between Jaime and Ted.  I love the art by Scott Kolins.  But storywise, it felt no different than just about anything else Keith Giffen has written in the last ten years.  Not fantastic, not awful.  Just Giffen.

Blue Beetle Vol 1: The More Things Change
Writer: Keith Giffen, Scott Kolins
Artist: Scott Kolins
DC Comics

No comments: