Three posts in one day.  WTF?

Just a quick update on my rather dull life. I'm still fighting this fucking plague I've been stricken with.  It's getting frustrating.  It's going on nearly two weeks.  Sure, I'm starting to feel better, but this is taking entirely too long.  I took Friday off from work, partially to give myself a rest, partially because work was pissing me off.  I tried to sleep in, but Ken's alarm starts going off at 6am, but he doesn't get out of bed until a little after 7.  So that didn't work out well.  After he left for work, I headed out for groceries.  I was feeling a little off, but I figured it was due to the NyQuil from the night before.  After errands, I figured it was time to get back to the gym.  It had been over a week since I'd been.  Normally if I miss a day, I freak the fuck out, but I've been okay with not going.  I didn't want to overdo it and put myself back a couple days with this cold.  I went and did my workout, but by the time I was done, my lungs were screaming obscenities at me.  And by the time I got home, I knew I did a bad thing.  I mean, my body felt great sweating some of this crap out of me, but it wiped me out way more than I expected.  I slept for the rest of the afternoon.  Saturday I made the conscious decision to do nothing all day since we had dinner plans with friends.  I didn't want to (a) do the same thing I did on Friday regarding the gym and (b) spend the morning and afternoon out and about before doing the same thing with the evening.  It was the right choice.  This morning I gymed it again and while it was probably the wrong decision, I don't feel nearly as bad as I did Friday.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow after work before I decide whether exercise is a good idea.  It is starting to drive me crazy that I'm falling out of my normal routine.  I thrive when I have a routine.  

I just finished my 2001 playlist today.  If this wasn't already my third post today, I'd work on my 1987 blog post.  I'll do that this week (I hope.)

Besides just listening to the 2001 playlist, I usually start my mornings off on other things.  First I listen to whatever podcasts download the night before.  I don't listen to too many anymore, but I usually have one to listen to.  Then it's either new stuff I've just added to my iPod or it's something I'm in the mood for that's not new.  The last week or so I've been revisiting Joni Mitchell's discography, one album at a time.  Don't know what brought this on, but it's been fun.  Today I made it up to Chalk Mark In A Rain Storm.  It's been neat listening to her evolution over the years.  We've gone from very folkie to a more rock oriented Joni so far.  I'm very much looking forward to the rest of her discography.  And doing this from time to time is a lot of fun for me.

Oh, I meant to say this earlier, when I was lamenting not working out.  Since December, I've been having a really hard time keeping my weight in check.  I'm only a few pounds heavier than I'd like, which to any other living human being, isn't noticeable on me at all.  But I obsess and I want to see a certain number or below on the scale.  That number is 195 or less.  Lately it's been around 197, which doesn't please me.  I need to remember that I was at 300 not all that long ago, so why I beat myself up is anyone's guess.  But anyway, not exercising has actually not had the huge negative impact on me that I was expecting.  In fact, it's been just the opposite.  For the first time in months, my weight has been in check.  But not for the best reason.  Since I've had this walking plague, my appetite hasn't been as big as it usually is.  So I've been eating less and probably not enough.  I've been 190 lbs for the last three mornings.  Once my appetite is back in full force, I'll be seeing that number go up.  But I should also be feeling better, too, and exercising some of that off.

Yes, I'm an obsessive freak.  That is news to no one.

No comments: