11.16.2010

Four Words

Here are four words I never, ever thought I would say, ever, in my life.  I miss the gym.  Okay, it's only been two days since I was last there, but I find myself a little disappointed in myself for not going last night or tonight.  I passed on going out of exhaustion.  The four day weekend was overbooked and I ran myself ragged even though I promised myself it was going to be a weekend of relaxation.  It's a good thing I'm staying home right now.  I feel a cold coming on, first of all, and my feet are still not quite back to normal, second of all.  They're starting to feel better, but I'm afraid I'll overdo it and put them right back to where they were.

Other than that, life is still busier than it should be.  This weekend Ken's old girlfriend from high school was out for the weekend.  They haven't seen each other in about 25 years.  It might have been slightly awkward at the beginning, but they seemed very, very comfortable with each other by the end of the weekend.

Work is work.  I've been in a foul mood the last couple of days, so all the usual suspects are pushing my buttons without knowing it.  And it's only because my mood is allowing that to happen.  I need to just chill the fuck out.  It's hard to do when I'm in a cranky pants mood and not feeling up to snuff.  Hopefully a really good night's sleep with help alleviate matters a bit.

I'm having trouble planning my Thanksgiving menu.  I have no clue what I'm going to make and it's bothering me.  Turkey and some sort of potato is all I have so far.  Probably sweet potatoes in some form.  But otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.  Anyone?

2 comments:

Joe in Philly said...

How about a fabulous spam and chocolate casserole? ;-)

Kevin said...

Mac and Cheese!