1.08.2010

Whatta Week

I don't know what was going on with the rest of the world, but I had one hell of a week this week. I've been ready for the weekend since sometime on Monday. That's never good, and it's the perfect thing to make sure the week doesn't fly by. I'm really not sure why the week has been this way. There wasn't one thing that made the week the week it was. Just a lot of little things, I guess.

Today was actually the worst day of the week. I was thrown pretty far outside of my comfort zone at work and it made me realize how small my comfort zone has gotten in the last couple of years. Without going into too much detail, we had a huge issue at work this week and everyone from all the surrounding departments were lassoed into helping with the situation. I was given a huge pile of names and numbers and had to cold call as many of our customers as possible. One of the best parts of my job is that I don't have to deal with telephones or the public. At all. Ever. It's so far removed from my previous job, which was working retail. I suffered through the public for fifteen years at my last job and I'd had enough. I learned today how much anxiety dealing with the public causes me, especially since it's been four years since I've had to deal with them. I think I'd forgotten how to handle the unwashed masses. I had an upset stomach most of the afternoon, which sounds foolish, but it's true. It took a little while before I started feeling comfortable again, but I finally did. But I still couldn't wait for this day to end.

The chaos at home is starting up again. And I feel myself shutting down some as the chaos grows. Right now we're in the midst of having our kitchen (back half of it, actually), mud room and downstairs bathroom tiled. It's time to say goodbye to the ugly linoleum and put down for real tile. Last night we ripped out the toilet and vanity and started pulling up the old floor. Besides the chaos, I wasn't thrilled with some of the things we found. It's going to be somewhat of an ordeal replacing the toilet and vanity. This I already know just from looking at the state of the plumbing. Joy. There was also an issue with one of the tile guys ripping a chunk of my front door off while we were at work today. And then denying it. We can't have anything go smoothly. The tile guy fucks the door up. The floor guy wrecks the ceiling. The ceiling guys trash the first floor. It's never ending. This house has officially become the bane of my existence. It's getting harder and harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel as we supposedly progress.

I've been trying to find time to do everything I want around the house, and I'm doing okay. Adding the Wii into my regular rotation of activities wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I haven't had a chance to play it every night this week, but when I can, I've been playing. I'm really happy that Ken has been trying to make a point of using it, too, and doing pretty well at most of the things he's tried. I hope he doesn't lose interest in it since it was his "need" in the first place.

I've got a huge pile of comics screaming for me to come pay them attention. I think I need to obey.

1 comment:

Mutty said...

Hope your weekend goes ok.
Don;t try and do too much eh.
Hugs x