1.06.2009

Tomorrow

So I did it. Before I left work today, I put in a time request for tomorrow. We're supposed to have a decent size winter storm, which really should have no effect on whether or not I work tomorrow. I don't drive to work, I take the bus. I don't have to walk far to the bus stop to catch the bus or walk far from the bus to work. The weather has minimal impact on my ability to get to work or do my job. But I just came off an almost two week vacation and I really wasn't ready to go back. This is just an excuse to lay around the house one more day before I refocus and get back to work. You know, people who take every weather related day off piss me off. I don't know why, but they just do. It's probably from my years in retail where shitty weather meant nothing. Deciding whether or not to work wasn't an option. I still have a lot of that retail conditioning in me. I still feel slightly guilty for taking tomorrow off. I don't know why. I have almost ten weeks worth of accruals just sitting there, rotting.

Sunday night was pretty miserable for me. It's when I realized that I barely touched the mental list of things I wanted to do around the house while on vacation. The list wasn't that long to start with, but the realization that I dicked away all that time made me feel pretty low. I think part of my justification for taking tomorrow off was that I could work on doing some of those things. I know that it's not going to happen. But it sounds good.

Another reason I really don't want to go in tomorrow is the horrible, nasty woman I sit near. Today it was a joy being there near her because she got called into a meeting with her boss and her boss's boss that she thought was about a new work procedure (only about 10% of it was) only to find out it was a meeting addressing her bad behavior, her unprofessionalism, and her general shitty attitude. I only realized the meeting was about this when she stormed to her desk, called her husband and started venting at him about what just happened. She told him she stormed out of the meeting blah blah blah. Then she grabbed the union reps on the floor and dragged them back into the meeting with her. When I tell you that ALL work in the section stopped when this happen, I tell you the truth. Everyone stopped and gathered and starting talking about it and laughing and having a really good time. Now, knowing how things work there, nothing will come of this, but it's really nice to see the fucking nasty skank whore taken down a peg or two. But being around her tomorrow, post counciling session, is just going to be painful. I'm sure she's at home right now plotting and planning out her revenge of those who did her wrong. Tomorrow will be all about her being the helpless victim and I can't deal with that.

2 comments:

BlogMarkBlog said...

Good for you Walt, taking the day off! This is a horrible work week after having been off for the holidays. I feel you pain. I've also worked with my share of bi itches and there is nothing sweeter than watching them show their fangs when threatened. Enjoy!

Kevin said...

Congrats on doing something for you. I agree it will be pretty bad so you are better off.

I agree with you 100% on the calling out to work. Here I sit again wondering how many douchebags will call in because of some rainy cold weather. Go slow and take it easy and you will be fine.

After all this is NEW ENGLAND if you can''t deal with snow in winter MOVE SOUTH!