2.18.2018

2018.025 America Vol 1: The Life And Times Of America Chavez


This fits into the mold of the Marvel books I love the best.  Female driven.  Lighter in tone.  Funny.  Not too continuity laden.  Everything I love about recent Marvel books like Kate Bishop, Mockingbird, Patsy Walker, Spider-Woman, etc etc.  

However, I found this book to be insufferable.  I found that the more I read, the more annoyed I got.  I don't know what it was.  The story just annoyed the fuck out of me.  I thought maybe it was the first story.  This book contains a 4 part and a 2 part.  The second story guest stars Kate Bishop.  That story, I thought, was even worse.  I haven't read anything that I've disliked this much in a really long time.  I really wish I could figure out why I hated it.  This books seems right up my alley.  Joe Quinones' art was beautiful, though Ramon Villalobos' wasn't exactly my taste.  It's too bad.  I thought this was going to be another book for me to love.

America Vol 1: The Life And Times Of America Chavez
Written by: Gabby Rivera
Illustrated by: Joe Quinones, Ming Doyle, Stacey Lee, Joe Rivera, Paolo Rivera, Ramon Villalobos, Waldo Wong
Marvel Comics

No comments: