2.09.2018

2018.014 Robin: Year One - The Deluxe Edition



As I opened the cover to this book, my initial thought was that I remember liking this when it was first published, but I remember liking Batgirl: Year One better.  That may still hold true, but I really, really enjoyed every page of this book.  Say what you will about Chuck Dixon, but his Batman work has left an indelible imprint on my brain.  He makes writing the BatFamily seem so easy.

This book gives us a nice overview of Robin's first year as Batman's partner.  It's chock full of Bat Villains, too, but mostly focusing on Two-Face.  We get to learn about the time Robin quit and ran away, too.

Overall, this book is just a lot of fun and such an easy read that you're finishing before you even realize it.

Robin: Year One - The Deluxe Edition
Written by: Chuck Dixon, Scott Beatty
Illustrated by: Javier Pulido, Marcos Martin, Robert Campanella
DC Comics

No comments: