2.09.2018

2018.015 Green Arrow Vol 9: Old Tricks


Green Arrow must have been still selling well enough by the time these issues came out that DC gave him a mini-series at the same time.  This volume collects Green Arrow 73-80 along with the mini-series Green Arrow: The Wonder Year, a sort of Year One story.

The story that's been Oliver Queen's life keeps on chugging through this volume.  Dinah finally dumps his ass after she catches him sucking face with someone else, he gets suckered into another job with Eddie Fyres, more political intrigue.  Nothing out of place in this series.  We must be getting closer to the end of Grell's run and Ollie's life.  I really can't remember when that happened as I'd been out of the series by then, but it feels like it's gotta be soon. 

The biggest thing about this book that I didn't like is the fill-in art by Shea Anton Pensa.  I don't know the name and I'm guessing he didn't get too far in comics.  It was awful to look at, at least for me.

Green Arrow Vol 9: Old Tricks
Written by: Mike Grell
Illustrated by: Rick Hoberg, Mike Grell, Bill Marimon, Shea Anton Pensa, John Nyberg, Gray Morrow
DC Comics

No comments: