4.24.2011

Weekend Ending

It's been a long, long time since I have not had that "Sunday Night, I can't believe this weekend is over, I can't possibly go to work tomorrow" feeling.  It's been a great weekend and while I'm sad it's ending shortly, I don't think it could have been any better.  I didn't really do much of anything important, but I feel like I got a lot done.  Saturday started rather late.  I'm usually up fairly early because Ollie doesn't like letting me sleep in.  I locked him out of the bedroom Friday night and that made me able to sleep until 11:30 Saturday  morning.  I can't remember the last time I did such a thing.  I've been complaining for months about how tired I am and how I don't let myself sleep.  I guess my body finally had enough and I crashed for 12 hours.  I think I got about 9 hours of sleep last night.  I slept more in the last two nights than I think I did on my entire vacation a couple of weeks ago.  I'm feeling kind of beat right now and plan on making this an early evening.  I can't imagine what a Monday morning at work, fully rested, is going to be like.

Saturday we were going to make a run up to a garden place where Ken wanted to get a specific type of fertilizer.  Unfortunately, the place was only open until noon, so it didn't happen.  Instead, I dragged his ass out for lunch (Pizza!!) and grocery shopping.  He was insistent on having ham for Easter dinner, so I told him he was completely in charge if that's what he wanted.  I was expecting the market to be a mob scene on Saturday afternoon, but it wasn't too bad.  

Once errands were done, I set out to do chores.  My house was a royal pig sty.  It was gross and it needed a thorough cleaning.  I tackled the first floor on Saturday and the second floor today (except for the bathrooms.  They will have their day soon.)  It feels so much nicer when the house is clean.  Of course I've vowed not to be a big fat slob anymore, but I know that will only last until Tuesday or Wednesday before I slip back into my normal ways.

I mentioned before that my gym is moving this weekend.  They're supposed to reopen tomorrow.  I'm anxious to see if they did get everything moved, though I'll hold off until Tuesday.  I wasn't expecting the weather to be nice (we had rain in the forecast for today), but when I got up this morning, it was 62 degrees and sunny.  I headed out and took a nice long walk around the neighborhood.  I haven't done that since last fall.  It felt good to actually get outside.  It's been so long.  If only the weather would cooperate a little.

After I finished up all the chores I wanted to do today, the rest of the day was mine.  And instead of relaxing, I took the rest of the afternoon to file away comics in my office.  It's been about six months since I last did that and the piles were starting to build up.  Not only did I take the recent books and file them away in the short boxes I have my collection in, I took the time to make labels for each of the boxes so I know what books are where.  I mean, I know what's where since everything is alphabetical, but if I wanted to pull out a box with, say, Green Lantern books, I know approximately where to find it, but now I know specifically where to find it.

I'm feeling very accomplished.  Amazing Race is about to start.  I'm going to watch that, eat something I shouldn't, climb into bed to read and then crash for the night.  And maybe actually look forward to tomorrow.

No comments: