8.27.2017

120 She-Hulk Vol 1: Deconstructed


I get what they're trying to do here.  She-Hulk was in a coma after the last big Marvel event (was it Civil War II?) and now she's awake and starting all over.  She's given up her practice and is working for someone instead.  She's broken.  She's not the strong, fun loving Jennifer Walters we used to know.  She's unsure of everything and that's not a good thing.  She tries to prevent herself from becoming She-Hulk because she realizes she has no control over herself when she transforms.  She's basically classic Hulk.  I don't like it.  It's like looking at an old friend who is just a shadow of their former self.  Self-doubting, broken, shattered.  I really want to see her break out of this sooner rather than later.

I find it funny that this volume is She-Hulk Vol 1 instead of Hulk Vol 1 because this is a collection of a series called Hulk.  They ditched the "She" in the title.  Another mistake, I feel, but one they seem to agree with me on based on re-titling the book.

I'm not sure if I'm really interested in reading any more of this version of She-Hulk.  It's kind of depressing and not in an interesting way, either.

She-Hulk Vol 1: Deconstructed
Writer: Mariko Tamaki
Artist: Nico Leon, Dalibor Talajic
Marvel Comics

No comments: