8.09.2013

Week

This was a hard week.  The entire thing.  And I know I probably made it more miserable for myself than it really was, but I'm just happy it's over and I'm ready to start fresh on Monday.

Last weekend we spent the weekend in New York City.  We stay with our friends George and Steve when we go down there.  It's great to see them whenever we can find time.  Our plans were to include Tony & Paul, a couple the four of us met on one of our cruises a few years back.  They live in Jersey, not far from the city.  Haven't seen them in about a year and a half.  But unfortunately they had to cancel.  They have two new puppies and one was very sick.  It's unfortunate, but I understand.  Steve had made post dinner plans for Saturday, as well, and they fell through, too.  Saturday didn't come close to panning out the way it was intended, but it was still a whole lotta fun.

The drive home Sunday was kind of eventful.  We headed out at 2:30.  It's about a two and a half hour drive from NYC to home.  The GPS had us scheduled to get home exactly at 5.  Until we hit 4 o'clock.  Traffic on the Thurway was at a complete standstill.  For as far north as we could see.  No clue as to why.  We assumed an accident.  So we sat and waited for traffic to start moving again.  And waited.  And waited.  We waited 90 minutes.  Parked.  Car shut off.  On the highway.  Turns out a box truck caught on fire about 3 miles ahead of us and it cripped the highway for a big chunk of the afternoon.  If we left NYC ten minutes later, we would have hit the back up at the last exit before the accident and could have taken a detour.  Our timing sucked!

I took today off of work because I needed a day of solitude and slacking.  I got my solitude, but I didn't get to slack.  I ran errands and other crap today.  I'm kind of pissed at myself for spending the afternoon out, but at least all that crap is done and I have nothing on my agenda for Sunday now.  I think that actually works out for the best.  The weather Sunday is supposed to be nicer than today (showers all day long).

Aren't you glad you asked?

No comments: