10.10.2011

Getting Back To A Normal Life

I'm trying my damnedest to get back into a regular life kind of routine. The last month or two have really knocked me off the tracks. August was a fun month, what with vacation and all, but I really haven't been back to normal since then. A couple of weeks after getting back is when Mom got sick and September was a great big giant blur.

I've been trying to ease myself back into a regular routine. I'm getting back to the gym, which is huge. My visits over the last six weeks or so have been pretty sparse. I'm trying to get back into a regular schedule, but that hasn't happened quite yet. I've been going, just not on set days. Yet.

I'm still going to try to get to Dad's house at least once a week for the foreseeable future. This past Saturday Ken and I spent over six hours sorting through papers. Mom did all the paperwork, all the bills, all the everything. She seemed to have had a system for filing, but it's one that escapes me. It was organized chaos. She knew where everything was in her piles and secret stashes of papers, but no one else did. Saturday we spent all day just sorting into piles things like taxes, bank statements, bills and all that stuff. Next time, the plan should be to go through the things we sorted, file by file, and determine what still needs to be kept and what needs to be purged.

My diet is something I'm easing myself back into. I've been eating like crap for the last month or so. Real crap. As much as I love diner food and burger joints and places like that, I really don't think I can take much more of them. I've been living on Pop Tarts, pb&j, french fries and burgers and my body isn't very happy with me. I've managed to keep my weight (kind of) in check, but my body is feeling pretty gross. I should be able to get things back in check in a relatively short period of time. I just need to get back on the better eating wagon.

I love a three day weekend from work, but I'm at the point of it where I hate hate hate it. It's almost 8 o'clock, and while I got a lot done this weekend, I'm in a panic thinking about the other things I wanted to do but didn't, and the things I still need to do before going to bed. If only I had one more day.

I'm also trying to get back into the swing of writing here again. I've let things slip. I wasn't feeling very communicative at all during September. I didn't feel like broadcasting the fact that Mom was sick. I had a bunch of one on one conversations about it, but kept it off the general airwaves.

Another thing I've been easing myself back into is a social life. Saturday Ken and I had plans to go help my Dad and sister sort paperwork, but before that we met up with Kevin & Brian from Danbury. We usually meet at a place half way between us, and Dad's house is in between the restaurant and my house. It was very convenient for us to do both things! I've got a few more things planned for the month of October and that's making me very happy.

And finally, I spent most of yesterday cleaning my dirty ass house. All housework went by the wayside while Mom was sick. There was no time to do anything. Ken really surprised me by keeping up with both the laundry (something he NEVER does) and the dishes (something he SOMETIMES does). Everything else just didn't happen. I spent the whole day working on the main living space. I got it all done except for the bathroom and mopping the kitchen floor. And what took me hours to accomplish yesterday Ken managed to trash in the span of about fifteen minutes. I was really annoyed. He tried picking up his mess, but the family room is still in need of another once over. Swell. I was hoping to deep clean the second floor today, but I got sidetracked with other chores. Tonight IS clean sheet night, however. It's my favorite day of the week!

No comments: