8.29.2010

Sunday Night

Today was fabulous.  It's the first "normal" Sunday I've had in a couple of months and I can't tell you how awesome it felt.  I made it clear to Ken that I needed a day.  I've been running myself ragged for weeks and have had little to no downtime.  I started my day by sleeping in (and by sleeping in, I only slept until 8 o'clock, but that's late for me lately), I went grocery shopping, took a long walk at the office complex near my old house, vegged out on the front porch with a stack of comics and a beer and nodded off for a short nap.  It really couldn't have been a nicer day.  The weather was amazing.  Sunny skies and ninety degrees without any humidity.  The only downside to the day is that it's going to end and the work week starts up again in the morning.

Yesterday we spent the day with my friends Lynn and Lori.  They haven't been up to see the house yet.  They're only about an hour away (give or take) and they were both free at the same time, so we made plans.  They checked out the house and then we all got in the car and went to Saratoga to go kayaking.  I'd never been and Ken was all gung ho on wanting to do it, so we went.  I was convinced that it was going to be the worst experience of Ken's life, but he had fun, didn't tip himself over and didn't seize up in pain or anything.  It was great.

Late yesterday afternoon I took out to walk like I usually do.  For the last two weeks, it's been pretty unpleasant for me to go out.  I've had little to no desire, but I still push myself to do it.  Yesterday's walk was the first one I've enjoyed in quite a while.  Today's walk, too.  It's quite possible that I've been so fried from work that the last thing I've been wanting to do is walk.  These last two days I've been rested and ready and it's made quite a difference.  I need to get back into the swing of wanting to walk.  I'm still battling my gut.  I should have recovered from Texas by now, but I'm still inching my way towards being where I'm happy.  I fucked things up tonight when I made a big ol' sundae for dessert, but I really wanted it.  I'll feel like shit about myself when I see the profanities the scale throws at me in the morning, but for tonight I'm going to bask in the ice creamy afterglow.

1 comment:

MY BIG ITCH said...

So why is it that I am on your blog as a follower and you are not on mine (My Big Itch) www.mybigitch.blogspot.com Anyway, i like your blog. Its simple and sweet and uncomplicated, something that I think mine is not and possibly should be more of. Hope to see you on mine -- until then I will be reading yours. Steve