8.22.2010

Pictures


I was supposed to throw these pictures up on Friday night, but I didn't get the chance.  Ken's friend Eric is visiting for the weekend and he arrived Friday night.  Everyone is still asleep right now and that's the perfect time for some quiet solo time.

These first two pictures were taken just before the start of the musical Annie in the park.  Top picture is me with the beautiful Diane and the bottom shot is me with the equally beautiful Gregg.  I was so glad to get to see them both again.  

The boys.  Nathan and Adrian.  Nathan's doing what he does best.  Being adorable.  If you look closely at Adrian's forehead, he's got the Avatar, The Last Airbender tattoo on it.  This is his Avatar pose.

Trust me, these are words I lived by.

Ribs, ribs, and more ribs.  

This is the place I got the ribs at.  Out back is a river full of turtles.  It was crazy.

Freddy needed to do a little bit of school work, so he took me to the coffee shop near his house where he studies.  It was late and the place was hopping.  There was only one open table and it was near that guy at the bar.  When we walked in, his screen was on a website of guys in their underwear, which I found amusing.  A little while after we settled down, he got on his phone and we discovered that he doesn't understand the concept of INDOOR VOICE.  For the next half hour (or more), he described every medical issue he had wrong with him. It was actually kind of funny.

Freddy took me to a place called Lulu's in San Antonio for breakfast.  The ginormous cinnamon roll has been calling his name, over and over and over again.  

You can't see the plate with Freddy's toast on it, but this is a proper seven-plate breakfast for two, don't you think?

And this is how large I felt after licking the last of my plates clean.

One of the two new pairs of Converse All-Stars I picked up while in Texas.  

After breakfast at Lulu's, Freddy took me to visit his favorite mission in San Antonio.  Mission San Jose.  The place was beautiful.  The next couple of pictures are from there as well.

This last shot really amuses me.  All that cactus just growing randomly on top of a building.  

This is a cheese filled, bacon wrapped, deep fried hot dog covered in slaw.  It is quite possibly the most amazing hot dog I've ever had in my life.  It's from a place in downtown Austin called Frank.  We met up with two of Freddy's friends, Kay and Darla, for lunch.  It was the first time I met Darla, who is an absolute doll.  And this was the only time I got to spend with Kay this trip.  Reason to get back down there again, right?

Yo, gimme a push pop, yo.

Grainy picture taken at Rain, a place we paid multiple trips to.

I can't remember the name of the place this was from.  It was Dos something or other.  Freddy dug out the bikes and we peddled it here for a wood fired beef taco.  So damn good.  And guilt free because we rode bikes to get there.  Burned all those calories off before ingesting them.  It was the first time I'd ridden a bike in years.  I didn't realize how much I missed it.  I need to get a bike again.

After lunch, it was off to the frozen yogurt place across the street.  This was avocado flavored frozen yogurt.  I've been having a love affair with avocados lately, but the thought of this scared the pee pee out of me.  Until I tried it.  It was so damn good.  I was hoping we'd get a chance to go back later in the week for more, but it just didn't happen.

Another activity I haven't done in years.  Bowling.  I enjoy it, so I don't know why we don't go more.  Freddy is his bowling best.

And a bobble Jesus for luck.

For a while there, I was being beaten by a four and a six year old.  Not good.  Not good at all.  And so close to breaking 100.

A sign from the Christmas themed bar Lala's.  It's a dive with a ton of charm.

A repeat from last year.  This is the Don Juan from Juan In A Million.  It looks small, but believe me, it's not.  I got two, but couldn't eat them both.  I had my second one for lunch.

Lots and lots.

A place known for it's tacos and I get the pancakes.

I couldn't justify spending $58 on a joke pillow, no matter how much I wanted it.  Instead, I spent $1 and got a Mr. T pin.

Illegal photograph.  Illegal photograph.  We were "spoken" to by the "nice" salesgirl about taking pictures in this store.  I don't recall the name of the place though.  But remember, no photography allowed.

The first night in Austin and I got to have a Mighty Cone and I was happy.  Until I whipped out my phone to take a picture of both my cone and the actual place only to find the phone had passed on.  Luckily I was back and could get a picture.  This was one of my favorite stops last year and again this year.  And I was really excited a couple of months ago to see it featured on the Food Network.

Austin is a really pretty city.  Next time I should try and take more pictures of it.

This is a Boston Cream Pie flavored snow cone thingie.  I don't think they're called snow cones at this place.  It doesn't do them justice.  It was the perfect answer to the heat.

Last day of school and Adrian is doing the Cha Cha Slide at the end of the year talent show.  He's so damn cute.

Daddy, Poppa, Bug and Bear, waiting on our damn burgers!

Inappropriateness and a Gowalla coupon.  Need I say more?

Hell In Keller.  Best beer name ever.

Very candid shot.

I could tell you the scandalous news she's telling me, but I'd have to kill you.

Poppa is all dressed up and ready to rock the house with 80s superstar Tiffany!!

I love that hat and so does Adrian.  So much so that he wore it out to dinner that night.  For real.

Nathan is not having me at this moment.  We're in the jeep and he just woke up from a quickie nap.  Freddy and Adrian are out of the jeep waiting for this guy to show up so he can get his wallet back.  We found and returned two wallets while I was in Austin.  Anyway, Nathan wants to get out and I said no and then started taking his picture.  He failed to find the humor in it.  I wonder why.  This is my favorite picture of all my Austin ones, hands down.

The saddest picture of them all.  Flying away.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

AWWW! You all look like you had so much fun -- yay!

Joe in Philly said...

Can I go with you next time?

(F)redddy said...

Man, the blog was almost as fun as the trip. Seriously made me smile.

The name of the wood fried taco place was called Dos Batos and the snocones are called snowballs. The store where the cunt yelled at us was Tesoros.