I Can't Believe This Weekend Is Over Already

This has to have been one of the quickest weekends on record for me.  It seems like I just left work Friday afternoon and now I'm about to wrap up the last couple of things I need to do before Monday gets here.  It went really quickly and it wasn't the most fun I've had.  Busy doing house stuff, dealing with a mini-meltdown (Ken's, not mine!), running errands....  And possibly facing a dental visit.

The house is coming along, slowly but surely.  This weekend we concentrated on getting the guest room finished.  That meant some touch up painting, followed by some more, then hanging stuff on the wall and cleaning.  The room looks great.  We still need to hang drapes, finish painting the furniture and change out the bedding, but that room is mostly done.  And it feels good.  But mid-way through on Saturday, Ken sort of had a meltdown.  He was feeling overwhelmed, feeling like he wasn't making any progress on anything.  He was generally miserable.  You see, one of Ken's biggest problems is he loves to start a progress, trash the area and then start another one.  Our house was in such a state of disarray when the meltdown happened that I could completely understand.  Tools were strewn all over the family room, unhung curtains and hardware all over the dining room, painting supplies all over the guest room and guest bath, buckets of tools in his office, tools all over the kitchen.  The house was really looking like hell.  We had a talk and I told him that nothing else could be started until some of the other projects were done.  And he managed to get it together (after vegging out on the computer for a couple hours.)  The guest room is (mostly) done.  The family room is (mostly) done.  That means curtains were hung, the television was hooked up and the tools were removed.  The new chair was placed in it's new home.  The dining room curtains were hung.  The living room curtains were hung.  I have to admit that I'm shocked that he pulled himself together and concentrated on finishing stuff rather than starting new things.

I mentioned the new chair.  We were one chair short for the family room and it arrived on Saturday.  Unfortunately, it has to go back.  The frame creaks like a 90 year old woman's bones.  I'm not happy with the framework on it at all.  But it's super comfy and looks great.

Today was more house projects and then shopping.  We spent about two hours in Lowe's, followed by an hour in Target.  That's well beyond my limit.  But we got supplies for redoing the guest room bed's headboard, paint for the furniture, and all kinds of other things.

So, my mouth.  I'm a little concerned (and by a little, I mean a lot.)  Last night the roof of my mouth started to hurt a little.  It felt kind of the way it does when you burn it.  I didn't think anything of it until this morning.  Still hurt, but more.  And it hurt more and more as the day went on.  I popped a couple of aspirins and that took the edge off, but not totally.  I've been feeling the area with my tongue and it kind of feels like I have a little cut on the roof of my mouth.  And I'm wondering if there's an infection or something that's causing the pain.  It feels a little swollen, too, and is now starting to cause on of my front teeth to hurt.  This is not good.  Not good at all.  I've got all sorts of plans for the next four or five weekends and I don't want this to interfere.  I'm fearing I'm going to have to have something wretched done, like a root canal or something.  I'm hoping my mouth feels better tomorrow.  If not, off to the dentist I go.

Right now I have the guilts and I need to get over my bad self.  I just polished off a nice big sundae.  It's National Ice Cream Day, after all.  And I had my single best weigh in in months today.  I'm so afraid I'm going to see a number that makes no sense whatsoever on the scale tomorrow.  I don't know why I can't just sit here and enjoy a little decadence every once in a while.  It's because I'm a freak.  


(F)redddy said...

Ummm, you better get that shit fixed. I need your mouth fully operational.

Melanie said...

Try rinsing your mouth out with a salt water solution -- it can bring down swelling and help clean out any potential infection that may be in that cut.