6.07.2008

Saturday

I can't believe the weekend is half over already. Today was such a good day, I just wish I wasn't ready for bed. For such a non-productive day, I feel like I got a lot done. Pulled the air conditioners out of the attic. Needed them pretty badly. The temp broke 90 degrees today and my house gets hot. We only have them in our offices and the bedroom, but that's all we need. I cleaned off my desk today. This is something that has been needed for weeks. There was no room for anything because of all the shit I had piled all over it. Now I have surfaces again. I still need to file away a stack of statements and other paperwork, but for now, I can see my desk again.

We went out to dinner with a work friend of Ken's and his partner tonight. I hate social situations where I don't know the people because I clam up and don't speak much. I did better than usual tonight, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We're going to see Kathy Griffin in a couple of weeks with them, so I guess this was a good thing, right?

I've been checking in periodically today at the Gay Days website. Many of my friends from the podcasting community have descended on Walt Disney World and I couldn't go. I'm envious of the ones who could go. Just didn't have the money for it this year. I'm enjoying all the pictures that have been posted so far. If I can't be there, at least I can enjoy the fun everyone is having.

I'm anxious for tomorrow's weigh in. For the last seven days, I've weighed in each morning at 194 point something. I've been as high as 194.9 and as low as 194.0. I'm hoping I'm still in the zone tomorrow and my visit to the Cheesecake Factory didn't hurt me tonight. I only ate three bites of my cheesecake and put it in the refrigerator for tomorrow. So I should show a good number. :fingers crossed:

No comments: