6.01.2008

Every Day In May - Day Thirty-Two

Huh, what? May only has thirty-one days in it? Oh, then my title is incorrect, isn't it? Thank God May is over, that's all I'm saying.

So, what did I want to talk about? Well, it's Sunday, so it's my weigh in. I was 194 again this week, which is good considering my adventures into all things baked this week. I don't think I mentioned but the day before Rosey brought in all the deliciousness, we had a promotion party for someone which included muffins, pastries, donuts and the like. I mostly behaved, but I was tempted all day long to eat more. I've pissed and moaned about this before, but I really, really want to see 190 and it's sooooo slow going right now. I know I'll get there eventually, but I want it now.

I've been doing a tremendous amount of walking lately. This weekend alone I walked about 20 miles. Yesterday I did a 6 mile walk and then a 4 mile walk. I did the same thing today, even though after my morning walk, I decided that was it for the day. I think I'm going to cut back a little. I walk every day and it's getting to be where it's no longer fun. It's becoming an obsession, but not a healthy one. Walking home from work during the week is still fun, but it's when I have all this extra weekend time that it's becoming something else.

I broke down today at the supermarket and bought a half gallon of ice cream. Last weekend I stood in the aisle for ten minutes debating whether or not it was a good idea. I ended up with none and felt good about my decision. This week, the debate lasted about 45 seconds and the ice cream won! It was Edy's No Sugar Added ice cream, so it could have been worse. I had some after dinner tonight and it was as if I'd never had ice cream before in my life. I'm so lame.

One of the things I intended on having today was a soda. I was craving it bad. I've now gone 8 full months without even a sip of soda. I can't believe I've made it this far. The only reason I haven't had any in the last couple months is I'm still having this contest with myself. It sounds silly in my head, though. Maybe tomorrow I'll go down to the store in my building's lobby and get one. We'll see if I'm still in the mood.

Below are a few pictures my friend Lori took last weekend when we were at her house. We (well, by we, I mean Ken) helped put together a shit load of closets from IKEA.


Lunch break (pictured: me, Ken, Lynn)


Look at me help hold down that board.


Look! Over there!


Smile!


Pretending I'm helping.

Oh, and I know this is terrible, but I freak out a little still when I see current pictures of myself. Why? Because when I think of myself, this is what I see in my head. I know that one day this self-image will go away, but it won't be soon enough if you ask me.


Okay, the new Password show starts tonight and I'm all gung ho to watch it. Hope it doesn't suck!

5 comments:

Gregg P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gregg P. said...

"Because when I think of myself, this is what I see in my head. I know that one day this self-image will go away, but it won't be soon enough if you ask me."

Well, in all of those pictures I see a great guy smiling big -- don't lost that part of your image, bud.

Gregg

erik98122 said...

DUDE! I can't even believe that last picture is even you! What a transformation. Congrats!

smooches
erik

Were Mean Because Youre Stupid said...

I'm thinking of just doing a post of all my fat pictures. It freaks me out when I see myself in the mirror and then I see a fat picture. There's such a disconnect in my head.

RambleRedhead said...

Truly amazing pics Walt - you are looking fantastic and keep up the great work!