11.24.2017

164 Green Arrow Vol 8: The Hunt For The Red Dragon


Here's another airplane read from last weekend.  Although it collects ten issues, this book has always been a quick and decent read.  This volume doesn't change that course at all.

It's kind of amazing to me to see this book is up to issue #72 and it's still being written by Mike Grell.  You rarely see anything like that anymore.  I miss seeing people plant themselves on a book for any length of time and continually turn out good stuff.

While in the hotel, the tv was on and Ken decided to watch a horrible Hallmark Channel Christmas movie.  It was while watching that that I realized what Grell's dialog reminds me of.  TV movies.  The way he writes scenes rings true to the kind of chat and conversation I witnessed in that movie.  The movie was awful, but this book isn't.  It continues the quality (for me at least) that Mike Grell started the series with and it's high quality.  I really enjoy reading THIS Oliver Queen.  I know he's a thing of the past now, but this era of his career really appeals to me.

I can't remember how much longer this series goes for before Ollie dies, but I'm going to enjoy every last page of it until then.

Green Arrow Vol 8: The Hunt For The Red Dragon
Writer: Mike Grell
Artist: Rick Hoberg, Frank Springer, John Nyberg, Pablo Marcos
DC Comics

No comments: