7.03.2013

M.I.A.

I was gently reminded this week that I haven't posted anything here in quite a while. It's true. Looking at the last post, it's been three months. I don't think I made a conscious effort to stop posting, it just kind of happened. Without going into too much gory detail, I've kind of withdrawn a bit from stuff. When I'm down or hurting or overwhelmed, that's what I tend to do. And I've been in kind of a dark place since about my last post. In April they start blasting the Mother's Day commercials. Joy. I'm still missing my Mom a lot and the constant reminders weren't helping. But the commercials stopped in mid-May, but the sadness didn't. Because a few weeks after Mother's Day is Mom's birthday. I had a good six weeks or so when I just didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything except keep to myself. Since her birthday, it feels like life is starting to get back to normal. I find that I've been starting to talk to people again (okay, I could be doing a much better job of it, but give me time) and that I'm making plans to do things. I took an impromptu trip to NYC. I've got lunch plans with a couple of whores coming up in a couple weeks. I've got other plans to see an old friend (or two, even) I haven't seen in much too long. To be honest, I've still been pushing myself harder than I should to the point of distraction, but that's how I process things. 

 As dull and uneventful as my life is, I promise to try to keep up a little bit more. I have (dull and uneventful) things I've been wanting to say, but it's just been finding the motivation to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah looking forward to seeing you for sure. Bitch.