Tuesday wasn't a good day.  Not at all.  It was bad enough that I wasn't feeling the day.  I can't say for sure if I was in a shitty mood or if I was just feeling down.  No matter what I was feeling, I just wasn't feeling the day at all.  

The end of my work day is 3:45, though I usually stay late.  Most days I leave around 4:30.  That was the plan for Tuesday.  I talked to Ken earlier in the day and he said he would come pick me up and bring me to my car, but he needed to run an errand first.  His plan was to leave at 4 and he'd be to my office between 4:30 and 5.  But about quarter after 4 he sent me a text saying he was still at work.  So I decided to pack it in and hop the shuttle bus to my car instead of waiting a little longer for him.  As soon as I got home, I headed straight to the bathroom.  As I reached to flush the toilet, my iPhone dropped out of my hoodie's front pocket and right into the flushing bowl.  I panicked.  I tried to grab it, but the rushing water was keeping it in the bowl, so I just held on for dear life.  I can't believe I flushed my damn phone.  I hate how attached I am to the thing.  I guess I never realized exactly how much until the second it was submerged.  

The first thing I did was dry it off.  Then I checked the pantry for rice.  I heard you were supposed to put the phone in a bag of rice.  Next, I booted my desktop and started searching for info.  The phone was probably a loss, but there's a chance it's not, I read.  I read that I should know in about a week.  I looked to see if the iPhone 5 (mine was an iPhone 4) was available.  Apple's website said it could ship in 3 to 4 weeks.  The Apple Store said they didn't have them in stock, but if I wanted to come down every morning and stand in line, there's a chance they might get some in.  No thanks.

After I started to calm down and think logically again, I called back and found that they had plenty of iPhone 4S's in stock.  And so I headed straight out to get one.  I decided to go for the 4S instead of wait for a 5 for a number of reasons.  One, it's still an upgrade to the phone I have.  All of my stuff will be compatible with it, like my car charger, the various chargers I have in the house, my case, etc. The differences between the 4S and the 5 weren't enough for me to care.

I'm lucky.  I didn't lose too much when I flushed the phone.  Just anything on the phone since the last time I synced it with iTunes.  So two weeks worth of pictures an data and games.  No big whoop.

And on a side note, I saw on Facebook today that Geri Reischl did the same thing this week.  Not sure who Geri Reischl is?  You can google her.  

No comments: