4.10.2010

*gasp* It's Another Infrequent Post!

Time is still at a premium.  I'm still not thrilled about it.  But so is life at the moment.

This week has been a particularly miserable one.  Last Friday, which was the nicest weather day of the year to that point, I left work early because I was sick, sick, sick as a dog.  It came on fast and furious and from the way my throat felt, I was sure it was strep.  I left work and headed straight for the doctor.  It wasn't strep, though that didn't make me feel any better.  I spent the weekend in bed, which wouldn't be so bad, but the weather was AMAZING and I missed every bit of it.  I went back to work on Monday, though I should have stayed home.  By Wednesday, I was feeling so run down I actually called in to work to say I was staying home. Again, Wednesday's weather was even more amazing than the weekend's.  We tied the record high temperature (87 degrees) but I slept all day.  I'm still not completely over this damn thing, but I'm getting there.  I think I'm probably about 85% of the way to normal.

Today didn't quite pan out like originally planned.  We were supposed to go get boxes to start packing.  Luckily a lot of the annoying-to-pack stuff is done and in storage right now.  On our way out, we stopped for lunch first and then Ken wanted to stop at a furniture place to browse.  A few hours later, we left there, having purchased quite of bit of stuff.  We left to go to another store across town, where we then spent a few  more hours picking out more stuff.  By the time we finished up, it was nearly 8pm and we hadn't eaten yet.  Over dinner at the diner, Ken decided we needed to go back to the first place to check on one more thing.  And we left having made yet another purchase.  The good thing is that during the course of today, we managed to buy just about every essential thing we need for the new house.  Sure, we've got a couple minor necessities to pick up yet, but we went from zero to sixty in the shopping department.  My stomach is churning over how much money we dropped today, but it had to be done.  Now if we can just get a solid closing date on the new house, we can set up delivery.  

Tomorrow my parents are coming up.  We've got some stuff we want to get rid of that they want, so they're driving up to pick it up.  What they don't know is that we're going to make them pay for their request to go to see the new house.  We're making them drive us back to the second furniture store to pick up two end tables.  We got them on clearance (super, deep discounted clearance!!) and because they're clearance items, they have to be picked up right away and can't be held for delivery with everything else.  

What I really could have used this weekend is a little more sleep, but I guess there's always next weekend.

No comments: