10.29.2017

148 Moon Knight Vol 3: Birth And Death


I'll be honest.  I loved Jeff Lemire's first volume of Moon Knight.  The second volume kind of lost me.  He was getting too heady for his own good.  But for some reason, it all paid off for me in volume three.  This is good shit.  I feel bad for doubting Jeff Lemire.  He does NOT fail.  Ever.

Moon Knight is one of the most complex and complicated heroes around.  He's insane.  Or is he.  How much of what you're reading is actually happening in the real world and how much is happening in his head?  It's next to impossible to say, but Jeff gets it.  He fucking gets it and it is such a great thing when you realize it.

This is much different from Cullen Bunn's run, which I adored.  I was hoping for more of that from Jeff, but what Jeff gives is on such a different level, I cannot complain.

I highly recommend Jeff's run.  Three volumes, all one story.  While I kind of hate this concept that Marvel is gung ho for, something like this makes it work and work well.

Moon Knight Vol 3: Birth And Death
Writer: Jeff Lemire
Artist: Greg Smallwood
Marvel Comics

No comments: